Monday, December 7, 2009

a message in a bottle

I’ve seen your note entitled “the promise” and I thought I may comment as the topic reminded me of a situation I’d experienced with one of my friends long ago…

I had his promise to be friends forever… I had his promise to remain together and to be for him as he was for me… I can tell you that we were back to back and side by side… I thought it was a very special relation which I hadn’t experienced before …and I think he felt the same as he told me this in a call oneday… the same call in which he gave me his promises and I think he was so honest that day…

I was so honest and so loyal to him and I think he knew this… I thought I should do my best in this relationship as I considered it a long term- investment, you can call it a life-range investment as I was in it by my all and I’m not exaggerating in telling so… even if he had not felt so, but this was my all and I think he felt the implications of being in by my all…

Suddenly all the words and the promises had gone with the wind with no obvious reason… I really searched for the reason and I hadn’t found a single one…

I didn’t find my friend when I needed him… and really I needed him… while I think he always found me by him… in his sorrows before his happiness…

I felt ingratitude and infidelity…

I’ve tried my best to keep him… but I felt that he did not want to exert an effort to keep me...
I remember that he did nothing to keep his promises to me … he caused me to feel all what you’ve mentioned in your note…
Do you think I was mistaken to try to keep him??
Do you think I should have not taken his promises seriously from the beginning and acting upon?? Because as you know promises imply commitments and related issues the simplest of them is trying to keep the relation; the baseline of it, at least its structure. If I had not believed him once he gave me his word I think I would have not been sorry and feeling betrayed that much.

You mistakenly may think I’m talking while expecting I did no mistakes; but truly I’ve searched for those mistakes which caused the promises to turn to their opposites in my story and I had not found...

I can conclude that many promises can be broken when the person who gave the promise for some reason decides to pull his word back or to ignore the promise and forget it, mostly misevaluating the other person's ability to be aligned with the promise; ignoring that once s/he gave his/her word to someone; it becomes a deliberate property between the two persons. No one of them has the right to give it away by his/her own without warning the other person. I don’t know whether this applies to the situation you mentioned in your note; but this is my situation.

I think you will think again about your notes’ privacy settings after this message… but thanks anyhow for having the chance to see that you may think about your words oneday...

I think getting feedback from those who you had given words before, is more viable than getting feedback from those who you had not… hoping that you may get feedback from those who you were thinking of while you were writing this note.

2 comments:

  1. D .. u puzzled me girl
    i read many of ur fabulous entries at the end of each one i mind to comment but something inside me told me 2 wait tell i find this one & i found my self evoke this quote

    "The river is constantly turning and bending and you never know where it's going to go and where you'll wind up. Following the bend in the river and staying on your own path means that you are on the right track. Don't let anyone deter you from that"

    yesterday u forced me to told u that clause and now i find my self have 2 say it again

    "bossy yagirl ana kont 3rfa enk bnt blad wgada3a
    bs like this way that what u r mkontsh a3rf..thank u 4 being "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot Semsema... your nice words touched me deeply :)

    I believe that man is engraving his own river path; and all he has to do is to follow its bends...
    then he would keep telling stories about destiny pretending that he had not the choice... while it was his choice in the first place...

    we sketch our cheers and our sorrows...
    and life sketch the lessons we should learn to get to the next stage...
    we cannot evade getting what we engraved for ourselves

    ReplyDelete