Monday, January 7, 2008

Facebook Vs. Blogger

This entry was inspired from a conversation between me and a friend…I’m not going to make a deep comparison between facebook and blogger; I’m just going to mention only the sides I mentioned in the conversation…

I’m always monomaniac about my privacy, I’m always trying to keep it as much as possible… as I found that nowadays the hardest thing to keep about your life is your security, your internal issues and your privacy… always there are disturbances and persons who always tend to make it the wrong way with you… I started by my phone number and e-mail, I imposed some rules which were to some extent exotic to the surrounding people, only the ones who know me well could work it out, but day-by-day I’ve learnt that if you aren’t going to be appealing to all the others, so you must do your best to appeal to yourself, and you will never be appealing to all the surrounding people, no matter how much you tried also I’ve learnt that, if you aren’t going to search for your internal leisure and comfort, no one would search for you, no matter how much you have searched for their comfort and relaxation

By days, I figured out that I need to express myself, I have lots of feelings and thoughts that I want to share with some friends… and as a result, if I’m going to share, then I’d either accept any consequence or I’d better impose some rules similar to those which preserved my e-mail and phone number privacy… of course, I decided on the second alternative…
Ok, let’s have a personal blog with a limited number of audiences, those audiences are the close friends whom I shall share anything with, either orally or written... so why don’t I share with them online feelings and thoughts… I declared carefully that I have a personal blog, and I insisted on telling them all that only X, Y and Z know about this matter… I was very careful so that no one other than those friends, especially my entire group knows about that blog... why?
the answer is simple:
1-Because, I want to speak freely as much as possible, that is why I write actually, and my group doesn’t know that much about me... again why? Because they don’t understand me, some of them are very narrow-minded – sorry to say so, but it is the truth- , also some of them don’t respect privacy issues… also, some of them aren’t trusted at all – you will ask now, how can you have a friend and you don’t trust her/him? This isn’t the matter to be discussed here; maybe soon I shall write about the motives of doing so-…
2-It is not an idea that appeals to me to find all my heart and mind spread and shared along with all the surrounding people either they are friends or not... and who knows what is hidden there??
3-And I don’t want to have any troubles, I have enough…

Three weeks ago, I joined facebook, that great amusing community... and here is the debate…
Without going through the details, I always used this community to spend a nice time, to amuse myself and enjoy the accompany there…

Today, my friend got the info. that blog entries can be imported on facebook as notes, and he wanted to share that piece of info. with me… I knew so a week ago… but I ignored it all as the concept is rejected in my case…
The reasons for this rejection are:
1-All my friends, my group are there on the facebook, so what the hell I’m doing since a year to come now and publish all my blog entries in front of their sights there?? Huh??
2-There are too many strangers there, whom are able to see and notice the changes in our profiles there
3-Blogger is for blogging and facebook is for amusing myself… this sentence got the debate into another misleading way

“Blogger is for blogging and facebook is for amusing myself”, I said… I’m totally convinced of this principle… why I used blogger if I’m going now to get it all to the facebook??... Why am I going to get all my activities to be in a single place??... yes, I know that out thoughts and our feelings are part of us and we shan’t isolate them, or separate our activities, but I also know that every single action we do represents our thoughts and feelings and personalities, so I’m not isolating my feelings and thoughts, I’m only isolating the most important issues in my life to keep them only for the close friends to know about... that is it … for me, it is not supposed that all people know the same about me, and it is not supposed that all people should know the same amount of information about me… also I use facebook to have some time there with being free-spirited, leaving all the complex feelings and thoughts to the blog… trying to spend nice time there thinking about nothing but this, while I’m surfing the applications and quizzes…

More, what you didn’t get my friend, that I’m not you and you aren’t me … when the left hand-sides aren’t the same, then the right hand-sides of the two equations won’t be the same, so there will be no superposing between my opinion -which I didn’t offer you to apply-, and yours…

No comments:

Post a Comment