Saturday, December 29, 2007

“Fe Shaqqet Masr El Gadeeda”

Yesterday, I had a so long night, sleepless night… mom was wondering why I couldn’t sleep for two following nights… I knew the reason; it was all about my feelings which I decided on leaving them to my pillow… the two past days, those feelings tired my nights and prevented me from sleeping even for an hour…

I wondered what to do to pass through this heavy night till the sun rise and I find someone to do with or to talk with… I decided on watching the movie Mohamed Nabeel gave me its link to download, it was entitled “Fe Shaqqet Masr El Gadeeda” … I’m going to talk about it here

It is always known that the film authors are mused in their stories by the cultural changes and events we experience in our community…but in fact, they only affected by the concrete events and facts, ignoring the sensual sides of the stories and even if they try to substantiate the sensual sides, they tend only to represent the visual flat feelings, bypassing the highly abstracted implicit feelings –here, I don’t mean concretion or abstraction literal meanings, I mean concrete and abstract as I defined them in an early entry-… this film beat that rule to the extreme…

At first you might get the feeling of a slow moving rate film, but suddenly you get the clue of that slow rate… it is all about giving the film smoothness it had… all the signs I was searching for in “sleepless in Seattle” or “You’ve got a mail” I was crashed on here, in this film…really what a romantic movie… when I saw “Timor and Shafeeqa” I thought it is the most romantic Arabic modern movie, I’ve ever seen – there are many romantic old movies, but I here regard the cultural changes, for sure, we lack modern romantic movies which can represent our feelings and our emotions with a modern view -.. I was right till I saw that movie or it is about what I’ve said above, that the modern romantic movies are aiming at hitting the audience with the meaning, hitting them with the feeling, as if they are forcing you to get to the target emotion, with no probability to miss the feeling… yes, they give you the ability to feel, they are trying to flourish your dreams but they disable your senses this film tried to heighten the audiences’ soul and feelings, flourish their dreams and bided very well on the audiences’ senses… to get the clue of the film, you need to see, listen, intuit as much as you need to feel… you aren’t only a receiver, you must employ your intuition to enjoy it…

The film can’t be narrated or reported, it must be seen to feel the breeze I got during watching it... but here, I shall concentrate on certain points amazed me:
1.It was all about a 28 years old girl who had never loved someone in reality, she live on her dreams, believing in what her music teacher told them while they were 14 years old, about having a soul-mate who will find you one day, and will never leave you for the rest of your life…

2.Two days ago, I was arguing with a friend who is confident that each girl should have loved at least once, or dreamt of someone… while I’m confident that there are girls who love the feeling of love, but they don’t have someone in reality to love or to dream of

3.The idea of having a soul-mate who is naturally was found for you, even you are miles apart, s/he will get to you… even you maybe dealing with him/her in an aggressive way, then by a single sight, you realize that “ you are my one”

4.Your soul-mate maybe so close to you, s/he maybe much more close to you than you can imagine, and you don’t get to him/her before fate decides on… this is what the director expressed many times… I can remember when Khaled Abu el Naga was riding his motorcycle while Ghada Adel was in the microbus and he doesn’t know or realize her and also I can remember the scene while she was riding the taxi which passes under the viaduct, the same time he is passing on it riding his motorcycle…

5.The songs transmitted on the radio, were all compromising with the situation they pass through each scene, and that was another sign

6.I was impressed by his words, while he was talking on the radio show… he was talking about loving those who aren’t your “one” the situation in this case and the mess you feel inside during your search for the one

7.At first I wondered how he felt this curiosity and anxiety about her while he is suffering from a recent break-up... I doubted that he had misled feelings that many of hurt people may experience after break-up which may lead them to do anything to relieve… but after a while, I got that what he experienced with his ex- was just an affair which had no feelings to govern, just an affair, just the desire to be with anyone with no controls or rules… so it is acceptable to fall in love, or to be attracted to someone after giving up that affair even in the same day.. it was ok

8. The most fascinating scene in the film, when they were certain about their love, she rode the motorcycle after him, the camera on their faces, and she got her hair down after she used to had her hair in a horse tail style… I don’t aim at the explicit appearance, I’m aiming at the implicit feeling she had at that moment, to get all your loneliness away, to get the air breeze through her hair, to get all her fears and worries away, all those disturbing feelings which she hold in her horse tail, to get rid of them all once she has her hair down.. once she got her one… this meaning is that one which I was searching for words to express it for a week, I was getting up and down to express it, and it was all expressed by a scene of duration of about 5 seconds… to get back and feel your feminine nature… to feel it for a reason… we always feel it, since we are 4 or 5 years old, while we are playing with our dolls… but to have a reason to feel it, that’s the clue here…
Like the story of the knight whom princess weakened by her instructions – out of her fear and care of him- and stripped him of his ability to decide and take on actions… the princess may lose her ability to give if she doesn’t have the one to care of... for females, it is not about having someone to care of her as much as it is about having someone to care about him and all the details of his life, if she doesn’t practice that feeling, she may lose it, or feel at least that she is disturbed and have nothing to do and it may take her a long time to fix what has been broken inside… once she have the one, she begins to practise the feeling of her existence and of her femininity again…
Here I can find this note conformed with the song by Elissa where she says:
قبلك قلبى كان شجرة بلا عصافير.. جنة بلا ألوان ..فراشة مافيها تطير..غيّرت الزمان.. بدّلت البرد بدفء

Really I replayed that 5 seconds scene for more than 6 times to feel that feeling again and again and I’m planning to re-watch this film again… I’m so impressed…

No comments:

Post a Comment